Theft Case Study – Autobiography recovered Bentley Bentayga found too!
Both July and August saw a great run of recoveries for Global Telemetrics, where alongside the tracked vehicle other vehicles were recovered at the same time. Highlighted in blogs previously 2 chop shops were stopped during the month of July, details of which can be found here: https://smartrack.uk.net/chop_shop_located_thanks_to_tracking_device/ and https://smartrack.uk.net/caravan_tracking_device_helps_police_locate_more_than_one_vehicle_4_vehicles_found/
This Range Rover theft would again prove to lead to other discoveries!
At the end of July, our dedicated control centre was alerted to the theft of a Range Rover Autobiography belonging to one of our customers. Lewis from our Stolen Vehicle Team was quick into action and liaised with the customer to get a crime reference number and report to our Repatriations Team with up to date location and coordinates.
In the event of a theft of an asset the following process will occur:
- Customer will report their vehicle stolen on our dedicated theft line/Global Telemetrics will ring the customer to make them aware of one of the alerts that our system generates (Vehicle moving without ignition, Battery disconnected, Driver Detection not present)
- If not already obtained, customer will be advised to ring the police and obtain a crime reference number
- Global Telemetrics work with our agents who work alongside the police to secure your asset. Upon a receipt of crime reference number, agents will attend the location of your vehicle
- As a safety precaution, upon notifying Global Telemetrics of a theft all access to our apps is temporarily disabled. We will keep the owner informed of any updates so they can rest assured everything is in hand. Global Telemetrics will not provide customers with an exact location of the asset to avoid customers endangering themselves
- When the vehicle is secured, Global Telemetrics will call the customer to confirm that the vehicle is safe
- The police will arrange with the customer collection of the vehicle either from its location or after recovery and forensic examination
In some thefts, the police will have suspicions that further criminal activity can be captured and will not jump into the scene straight away. This case was one of those occasions and the police with the help from our Repatriations Team monitored the location overnight to see what other activities might occur.
Early the next morning, satisfied with the evidence in hand, the police and our Repatriations Team were able to enter the premises and secure the vehicle. Not only was our customer’s Range Rover secured but also a Bentley Bentayga (not belonging to any of our customers) stolen earlier that week would now be heading back to its owner thanks to Global Telemetrics, the SmarTrack device and the quick work of our control centre and Repatriations Team. This theft highlights the importance of a tracking system to protect your vehicle. The owner of the Bentley Bentayga can count himself lucky that our customer had his Range Rover protected.
https://smartrack.uk.net or by giving us a call on: 0800 279 6401 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find all of our social media channels here: https://linktr.ee/globaltelemetrics